My Journey Through Harry Potter

I recently finished the whole Harry Potter series and needless to say I am now a hardcore Potter-head. Before I start rambling about the characters and the scenes I cannot proceed without writing a few points about J K Rowling's writing ( which is not enough anyway ). Her simple but amazing writing is just mind-blowing about how she transforms the easiest of sentences into interesting yet simple ones. Her well-known struggling life story and how she got through it and now has succeeded among all of it is needless to say amazing. Her language is really simple yet interesting to read on. She conveys what she has to in the easiest of terms yet tries to convey it in the most interesting manner which catches the attention of the reader in the right amount. Even this ever-so-big paragraph is not enough to write about her writing but I think it is about time I move on to my opinion about the story.

Let me start with how I started with my journey. My aunt has been wanting me to read Harry Potter since I was like 8 or 9. But when she sensed I didn't show much interest, she let it go. To be honest, I am kind of glad I didn't show interest at that time because on my opinion I think I am able to appreciate the story better now than I would have been able to then. I decided to start reading the series about the beginning of this year. When I announced that I was going to begin my journey through 7 amazing years of Hogwarts, the most excited person,as you can guess,was my aunt. She is now a diligent reader of my blogs and will be really happy that she got to be a part of on of it 😉😉.

It's now time I started on about the most amazing fantasy genre I have ever and only read. I cannot write about all the characters since this post will then become never ending so I am going to write about all the situations and instances that I felt was important and totally got me excited and running around. I have to say that my favorite character is Dumbledore. It took me a heavy heart to address him as a character because he seemed no less than a live person through the book ( which I would again have to give J K Rowling credit for ). The way he filters the amount of information he has to give Harry in every instance and the way he trusted Harry with the information about the horcruxes really defined their bond with each other. It was also breath taking when Harry did not believe the bad stuff about Dumbledore that was going on after his death. 

The Quidditch matches was another exciting factor of the series for which again credit goes to Joanne Cathleen Rowling. It was nothing but a mere sport we were watching as it was portrayed on the huge grounds of Hogwarts. She made it seem like I was watching the match as the two flags of Gryffindor and Slytherin flew on both sides of the ground, as the players flew around as we cheered, as Lee Jordan kept pouring his opinions in the commentary and as Harry caught the snitch. All I can say is it was truly amazing, experiencing those matches in a better way than watching it.

But the most breath taking moment for me was when Severus Snape turned out to be the most compassionate person next to Dumbledore. Watching all those memories from childhood, watching how he loved Lily till his last breath and knowing that he killed Dumbledore on his orders were just what was totally unexpected. When Snape killed Dumbledore, I was mad at Dumbledore more than I was at Snape  because Harry had told him a 100 times about his doubts on Snape but Dumbledore had this blind faith on Snape and to be honest I was totally ashamed when I came to know the truth and surrendered that Dumbledore can never be wrong.

To Be Continued...

Comments

  1. 👆🏽good one V... I keep telling amma that harry potter is like her ponniyin selvan series... you can read it how many ever times and it's always as interesting as the first time...

    Nicely written review... now I'm wondering if the review is split in 7 parts too 🤔😉...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts