Tenth Grade Attrocities

I have been being geared by the people around me, especially my parents and teachers, since last year that I am going to be facing my boards next year and that I have to start working harder. The way they said "hard work" haunted me and I am pretty sure it had the same impact on the other kids. All through my summer vacation I have been having nightmares ( not literally but you know what I mean) about getting promoted to tenth grade and studying all through the year. From the way they defined it, what I pictured was literally walking, eating and sleeping around with a book and always studying. The way I imagined it, I pictured myself to be studying as if I am giving my IIT exams the next day. 

But believe me, it is nothing like that!! In fact, I am studying cooler than the last year and been getting good grades. What I mean to say is that, it seems much easier than tenth. When my cousin kept telling me that, I was reluctant to believe her, but right now I am hundred percent sure she is right. 

When we meet new people in general, they ask us what grade we are in. This year when I said the word "tenth std", their ears get pinged, their eyes get big and their face reflects excitement since they have a caught a victim to tell their experiences and give good pieces of "wisdom". And every lecture ends with, " You will be fine, I am sure you will do great". In that part, I have to thank all of my relatives who have been really supportive and have kept telling me to chill and keep it cool and to not take pressure at all. 

Now that the boards are not more than 4 months away, the horroring and the scaring has started out big time in school. From the principal to the class teachers have started saying "work hard" , "put in your full effort" and all that stuff. Even though the intention is to encourage, the effect is fear. The vibe in  school has totally changed. All everybody is talking about is studies and I think that is all is going to be there for the rest of the academic year. Every teacher wants to give us tips and sheets and loads and loads of homework to help us study (this statement is positive and appreciating, FYI). 

So if anybody wants to ask me," hey, whatsup?" let me tell you, studies is what is up.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

PS: Thank you everybody for having my back. 🌝🌝

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true and very well written.... Truthfully that's what even I realized after my 10th or actually during my 10th also ..... You have put it in words very well!!
    Telling you again I didn't study at all ;):,-)
    Dw you'll do well πŸ‘πŸ»❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Appu. And I believe that you didn't study by the way!!!

      Delete
  3. To think of it, maybe this whole method of building pressure was a conspiracy so that we'll eventually find it easy when we actually are studyingπŸ€”πŸ˜œ...

    But relax... this is not the first exam you're taking and it's not the last... So just treat it equivalent as any of the other ones...

    Well written V...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent write up Vaishu. Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey V! I liked your piece. So true...everyone and his uncle has an opinion and sage advise about exams, how to crack them, how important they are, etc etc.

    Chill! Keep up your writing!

    This is your mom's cousin, in case you're wondering

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved learning, whether it be throughout school and college or taking classes as an adult. Someone told me once that an education is something no one can take away from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much
      Meari aunty... means a lot!!! :) :)

      Delete
  7. Chill Vaishvani..am sure you will come out with flying colours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts