DO SOME PEOPLE NOT HAVE A CONSCIENCE?

 First of all, I am very excited to write about such a topic being a psychology student and share and receive various views about it.

I personally am quite a superstitious person by nature and believe in such things as the voices in your head, fancily called instincts and conscience. I always have a voice inside me telling me if a decision I am making is right or wrong and if the consequences will be favorable or not. Often I am confused if it's really my instinct speaking or it's my fear of things going wrong making me crazy.. but mostly it's the instinct.

As human beings, it is natural to make mistakes or say things you don't mean and then later regret them. But the regretting is based on the fact if you have a conscience or no. I always feel bad when I have uttered something that I did not mean to and instantly remember situations which showed that the person loved me and I most probably hurt them. That's my conscience talking, telling me off about how they have done so much for me and I probably made them feel bad. This is an instant reaction within 5 minutes or so and in my case it is mostly based on incidents of annoyance, anger or arguments.

However, we still do see people around us who do so many worse off things without a speck of doubt or regret. I believe that every single human soul has a voice within that senses the right or wrong. In my opinion, it's not that they don't have a conscience but only that they have trained themselves to ignore the voice that constantly points out that they are being offensive and in the wrong, for some reason or the other. Over a period of time, they pass over the voice so much that the misdeeds snowball into many more and the conscience ceases to become non existent. 

The superstitious in me has a strong feeling that it is very crucial to listen to our inner voices since they know and sense more about the future and the consequences way more than we can. And actually paying heed to our conscience can actually make us a better person who is apologetic of their mistakes and strives to learn and live better than in the present. I sincerely hope every one of you reading this is able to tune into your inner voices more, learn further about yourself and grow. ✨💜

Comments

Popular Posts