An Yearly Ode

I always thought that when my diary was three-fourth full at the end of the year, that was when my year was eventful and busy. 2022 proved me wrong. This was the most eventful year for me in my 18 years of existence and my journal is not even half filled (don't worry, I won't waste the pages.. I will continue the same one for 23). It hit me that if you have time to sit and write every single detail about each and every event.. you have the time. The past few months I have been running around while the thought to fill my diary about noteworthy moments that happened months ago kept lingering. When I did sit down to write, I ended up having to update too many occurences and could only fit in a vague recollection with the time that I did have. Well, with all this diary talk, all I wanted to prove was that I had a busy year (and also an excuse for not coming up with anything to put in here ;) )

I don't know how many of you remember my lockdown rant blog but my 12th holidays made up for all the "business" that I missed out on in my 10th ones. I could almost hear the voices in the sky saying "now you know why I made you sit at home".                                                                                                                            Although it might come off as if I'm complaining, I'm really really not. Was it tiring? Yes, of course. But did we have an amazing time? We absolutely did. Did we make a lot of beautiful memories? For sure. Did we get much closer than we already were? Without a doubt. At one point, my mother and I literally were getting out a set of clothes from our suitcases and packing the next... much to the annoyance of my dad that we were barely home. But it was no exaggeration. I was quite literally barely home for all of my holidays, but again... I am not at all complaining.

When I talk about all the fun that happened, I should also talk about all the learning that happened.. about people in general and about myself. I got to meet so many of my family that I hadn't for so long, I got to learn from them and I got to learn about myself. It was the year of constant external and mental change and lots and lots of adjusting. But each of those priceless moments only made me better. I thought of all the change that came upon me was during the lockdown, but now when I think back, I feel I have evolved way more than I had when this year began. It's beginning to sound like I have conquered it all but I am very well aware that there's still a long long path to trod and this is barely just the start.

But this year is not yet over. There is still half of a more eventful month left, one that is already jampacked with things to get done, people to meet and more more memories to create which will also flyby like all of this year did, am sure. Meanwhile, here's to more learning, evolving and LIVING. Happy 2023 to every one of you and I hope all of you can look into yourselves a little bit more with every new experience and every new person you meet. 

PS: I wanted to do this new year blog right at the end of the year, but when the words flow there's no way it can be put on hold.🐾

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts