A CHARACTER I RELATE TO

I was recently posed with a challenge to speculate and write about a movie character that I related to. It might sound easy but to a movie buff like me it was hard to think over the several movies I have watched and ponder over the various characters to find one that I related and connected to. 

Co incidentally, on my cousin's vacation here, we decided to re-visit one of our favorite movies, Oh Baby! It is a Telegu movie that revolves around a fantasized idea of an old women going back to her younger 20s ages to rediscover her youth. She visits an exhibition where she comes across a photographer who in a click of a picture transforms her physical appearance into her younger self. She is excited about going back to her youth and begin her life all over again only to realize the consequences and obstacles she comes across.

You might wonder how I, one who is just passing through my teen age, would possibly relate to a character that has no connection to my age or generation. 

What sparked in me was that, why I liked the movie so much is because I relate to it not physically or superficially but emotionally. I consistently receive the comment that I sometimes act my age and sometimes I act like a kid. I have always believed that keeping that child in me alive is very important for me to keep my cheeriness and positivity intact. 

The movie might revolve around an older women becoming younger, which is impractical and illogical to consider in the real world but being able to keep your younger self alive within us no matter how physically old we are would be worthwhile in enjoying and living each day to it's utter fulfillment as Baby realizes later in the movie. I love it when I'm around people in front of whom I can express my goofy and silly kid side and I love people who embrace that part of them without any shame or embarrassment.

I hope I am able to hold on to my inner child throughout and age with grace with no regrets and unfulfilled desires and I hope every one of you is able to practice that too! 😊

Comments

Popular Posts